Three suspected rock-throwers, who are allegedly responsible for the deaths of two people following a rock-throwing incident on the N2 freeway on the night of December 27, 2017, appeared in the Durban Magistrate’s Court on Friday.
The accused, who are facing two murder charges and an attempted murder charge, were arrested by a team of detectives in KZN, last week.
They are between the ages of 20 and 46. On the night of the heinous crime, the victims were travelling on the N2 freeway when a big boulder was thrown onto their vehicle from the Tongaat bridge.
Provincial police spokeswoman, Col Thembeka Mbhele said, “Two victims were killed while one sustained injuries. A case of murder was then opened at Tongaat SAPS. The case was then assigned to provincial detectives for investigation,” she said.
Extensive police investigations led to the arrest of the three accused. The case continues.
Visit our sister sites for more news in the respective areas: